media & telecommunication
Our Media & Telecommunications lawyers provide local and international clients with world-class, specialist legal support across the full spectrum of MT law matters
The region has a young demographic, increasing incomes and greater access to content via tablets and smartphones and applications. Broader considerations, such as an increased desire for local content, alternative means of content delivery, and growth in the regional sports and events sector, is resulting in development in the media sector.
- Guidance and documentation on all types of transactions and compliance with Media regulations
- Advise on content production, commissioning arrangements and distribution agreements, barter agreements, agreements with talent, ownership and copyright assignment
- Local law advisory and regulatory compliance in respect of diverse media-related issues, including local content restrictions, non-compliance with publishing/broadcasting related restrictions and policies
- Contentious media-related cases, including copyright infringement, social-media take-downs, and addressing non-compliance with local regulatory requirements
We advise suppliers, operators and customers across all related contractual, legal and regulatory matters including commercial/transactional, regulatory, corporate/M&A, finance, competition, outsourcing, employment and pensions, disposals, intellectual property, dispute resolution, real estate and tax advice, e-commerce and data privacy, and assist them in their interactions with the telecoms regulator (CITC).
- MVNO & VNO contracts
- Management agreements with operators
- Telecoms facilities and infrastructure contracts
- Telecoms & IT outsourcing, and consulting contracts
- Contracts for the sale and purchase of telecoms & IT equipment